Can I import charts?
Absolutely! Progressions features the ability to import plain text files as charts. This feature is simple to use and is very handy for getting charts onto your device without having to enter them using the on-screen keyboard.
- In iTunes, navigate to your device's Apps tab.
- In the bottom section, labelled "File Sharing". Find and select Progressions.
- Copy in the text files by clicking "Add..." and browsing for them, or by dragging the files directly into the list. Once they appear in the list, the files will be available on the device.
- Follow the instructions for your version of Progressions below to import the text file.
- In Progressions, Navigate to the "Settings" page. This can be done by navigating to the Sets page and pressing the little cog icon in the lower right corner. Alternatively on iPad, you can use the cog icon that appears in the upper right of the welcome screen.
- In the section called "Progressions Data", tap "Import".
- A list of compatible files will appear. Select the file to import by tapping on it.
- The chart edit screen will open with the fields pre-filled with the file's contents (the filename will be used as the Chart title) Here you can make any changes you like, and tap "Save" to complete the import.
Note: This feature currently only supports plain text files (with the extension ".txt"), and won't recognise Word, PDF or other rich-text documents.
Setting Additional Fields
Progressions will check each file for the key and artist automatically, and you easily set these in your document to enable easier importing. Add the following lines at the beginning of your document:
Key = Bb minor
Artist = Kina Grannis
These fields will be set, and the lines will removed from the content when it is placed in the editor.