How do I restore from a backup file?
To restore from an existing backup of your data, first you need to get the backup file onto your device. This can be achieved in a number of ways, including simply opening the file from another iOS app like Mail. This will present a dialog with information about the backup, and a button to replace your existing data with a copy from the backup file.
If all else fails, you can also load backup files into Progressions directly via the iTunes File Sharing folder. This is done through iTunes, but is a little hidden, so it might elude you if you're not careful!
- Open the "Apps" screen for your device.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, where you should find another section called "File Sharing." Given the screen's design, you may need to place your mouse cursor in the margins of the page to successfully scroll past the first section.
- Select "Progressions" in the left panel of the "File Sharing" section.
- Copy in the backup file by clicking "Add..." and browsing for the file, or by dragging the file directly into the list on the right. Once the file appears in the list, the file will be available on the device.
In Progressions itself, open the "Settings" page. This can be done by navigating to the Sets page and pressing the little cog icon in the lower right corner.
- In the section called "Progressions Data", tap "Database Backups".
- A list of files will appear. Select one of the backup files and simply tap it to import.
- A warning will appear to let you know that there is no return. Upon tapping "Continue", Progressions will automatically find the most recent backup and completely replace its internal database.
- A notice should pop up to let you know that the import was successful. Tap "OK" to dismiss this message.